Journey to the World Cup: Day 5

9:02 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I guess you could call today relatively normal. Relatively.

11am-2pm - After the best night of sleep of my life (The breeze from the wide open windows was hitting me gently all night. Incredible.), I woke up and watched the Wimbledon championship match with my dad, Eric, and Kai. Although I was disappointed to watch Federer lose, it was actually kind of nice to watch a little bit of television for the first time in a week.

2:30-5pm - We went to Ipanema again today, which was great. As soon as we got there, I gave my stuff to my dad and ran over to play soccer (I love how there are just goals set up on the beach). After about 90 minutes, my dad came to grab me, because we had to go back home. Even though we had dinner plans at 7:30 at almost the exact location at which we currently were, we had to go all the way back and visit our friends at the restaurant again after they had been so kind to us the previous night. They deserved to be properly thanked again.

6-9pm - So we hung out at the restaurant for about 40 minutes. I drank a Coke, my dad had a bit of beer, and then we took a taxi back to the Ipanema area and met my dad's Brazilian friend from work, Paulo. He was a great guy, and we talked about everything from soccer, to Brazilian politics, to fishing. I also had octopus, which was absolutely delicious. After dinner, we walked a couple stores down and all had some lovely gelato.

10pm-12:30am - With me DJing, my dad and I sat on the balcony, jammed out to some good music, and had deep talks about life. He told me that every success I will have in life will stem from my own sense of confidence and self-worth. So before I start to seek approval from others, I should be confident in myself. Not the other way around.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: